Stevie is a successful keynote speaker, corporate trainer, entertainer, talented writer, lucky husband, and worn-out stepdad. He is equal parts entertainer and educator.
In addition to his role as Executive Director for Stevie Ray’s Improv Company, he is a professional member of the National Speakers Association and has been a nationally recognized speaker and corporate trainer for over 25 years. An author of nine books on a variety of subjects, he has also been published in over a dozen national publications and is a nationally syndicated columnist for the Business Journal newspapers; writing for the publication since 1997.
As a keynote speaker and corporate trainer, Stevie has traveled the world helping people sharpen professional skills to take them to the next stage of their development. His clients include Fortune 500 companies to small organizations.
Stevie performed his first show at the age of nine and has been making people laugh ever since, touring the country as an improvisational and stand-up comedian. He has opened for such stars as Paula Poundstone, Marsha Warfield of Night Court, Rich Hall of Saturday Night Live, and “Weird Al” Yankovic. He also served as Master of Ceremonies for several notable events including:
- Miss Minnesota Pageant (2005-2011)
- Cystic Fibrosis Foundation Breath of Life Gala (2004-2007)
- Hope Chest for Breast Cancer Hope Has No Boundaries(2004-2006)
- Twin Cities Public Television The Minnesota Channel (2003-2004)
- St. Paul Winter Carnival Coronation Ceremony (1998-2001)
Not only does Stevie enjoy performing and writing, but here are some fun facts about Stevie you may want to ask him about:
- The only person in the country to design his own college degree in Theory and Performance of Comedy at Minnesota State University-Moorhead
- A martial artist since 1977 and holder of four black belts
- A former bodyguard, one client was Pee Wee Herman (yes, really)
- The owner of Steve’s Bees Minnesota Honey, producing natural honey from his own beehives (actually, the hives belong to the bees)
- A volunteer for the Minnesota State Services for the Blind, recording books on tape for the blind and visually impaired
- An award-winning blues harmonica player